When editing the audio from my interview, I did it in steps to help organize it in my head. The first thing I did was went through and edited out the parts I didn’t want in. Following that, I grouped the now chopped up clips into segments that each held the edited version of the answer to a question, leaving a small space between questions so I could organize it better later on. The next thing I did was put the questions in the order that I thought made the most sense to tell the story I wanted to tell. I then added in the extra sounds to give the interview more depth and give the listener something more than just a person talking. Finally, I tweaked the volumes a little to get a good mix and exported that jawn.
The reasoning and process behind each step is fairly self-explanatory, but I will go into depth anyways. When editing out parts of the audio, I went through and removed every long pause, every stutter or stumble, and words such as “like” or “um”. The next step was simply grouping the clips from each question with their partners, which took no creativity or thought really, it was simply click and drag. When deciding what order to put the answers in, I knew which one I wanted to start with and just picked which ones seemed to flow well or relate to each other. I then added various sounds to make it a little more interesting, and the sounds I chose relate directly to the topic of the interview and go along with what is being talked about in the answer. In one instance I added audio from the story the interviewee was telling which had a really cool outcome. To finish up I raised and lowered some of the highs and lows and then was finished. If I were to do more with this project I would probably do a lot more mixing and maybe master it a little but as far as content and structure I’m very pleased with the end result.